Some children, particularly
or children with intellectual development disorder,
are confronted with specific difficulties when it comes to mathematics.
- Understanding the concept of numbers, comparing and ordering them.
- Difficulty recognizing numerical values.
- Understanding relationships between numbers.
- Difficulties in learning and performing basic mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Problems memorizing mathematical facts and understanding procedures.
Difficulty in understanding the information given, identifying the necessary operations and organizing the steps to arrive at a solution.
Spatial and geometrical concepts
Understanding of spatial and geometric concepts such as measurement, shape geometry and spatial visualization.