Some children, particularly those with
dyslexia and dysorthography,
or children with intellectual development disorder,
may have difficulty with writing essays.
- Make spelling mistakes, particularly in the use of specific rules.
- These errors make their writing less precise and detract from the readability of their texts.
- Correct choice of verbs, adjectives and nouns, appropriate use of pronouns
- Affect overall understanding of text and give impression of incoherence
Organization of the text
- Structure their ideas logically and coherently, making their writing confusing or disorganized.
- Clearly introduce their subject
- Develop their arguments smoothly
- Conclude satisfactorily
Speech recognition software
Voice recognition software facilitates writing essays when children dictate, improves their writing speed, reduces the cognitive load associated with writing, encourages autonomy and boosts their self-confidence.
Thanks to voice recognition, children are better able to express their ideas and work more independently, which can have a positive impact on their self-esteem and academic performance.
NB: some voice recognition software requires configuration and initial training to adapt to the user’s voice.
Spelling and grammar checkers
Spelling and grammar correction software automatically detects and corrects spelling, grammar and syntax errors.
By offering word suggestions and writing tips, children improve their writing skills and gain confidence.
However, it’s important to stress that such software should complement the teaching of spelling and grammar strategies, and should not replace active learning of these skills.